The viral youth-led online movement, Cockroach Janta Party (CJP) received another major blow on Saturday after its official website was taken down. CJP founder Abhijeet Dipke said that the website, www.cockroachjantaparty.org, had been removed as part of a wider crackdown targeting the movement’s digital presence.
Notably, the setback comes days after the CJP’s official ‘X’ account was withheld in India. Dipke further claimed that both his personal Instagram account, as well as the organisation’s main Instagram page had been hacked.
CJP poster
“Govt scared of cockroaches”: Dipke
Dipke reacted sharply to the action and accused authorities of attempting to silence a growing wave of dissent among youth and political satire. He made a post on ‘X’ which read, “Why is the government so scared of cockroaches? This dictatorial behaviour is opening the eyes of India’s youth. Our only crime is we were demanding a better future for ourselves.”
He went on to say that close to 10 lakh users had registered as members through the now-defunct website, while approximately six lakh people had signed an online petition demanding Union Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan’s resignation, over alleged failures in the education system and the NEET UG 2026 paper leak.
He further wrote in the post, “We’re working on a new home right now. Cockroaches never die.” As of Saturday noon, the party clocked 22 million followers on Instagram, edging both the Bharatiya Janata Party and the Indian National Congress on the platform.
Movement began after CJI’s remarks kicked up row
CJI Surya Kant
The CJP first surfaced online after the Chief Justice of India (CJI), Surya Kant made remarks against the country’s youngsters during a court hearing. He said some youngsters without employment opportunities become ‘cockroaches’ and ‘parasites’, who attack institutions through media and activism. The comments kicked up a row and also sparked a meme-fest online, especially among the youth.