“Soaked me in blood”: Dalit woman alleges gang-rape, forced religious conversion attempt; Delhi police arrest four
A 23-year-old Dalit woman on Thursday accused a group of men of allegedly abducting, gang-raping and subjecting her to severe physical and mental torture in Delhi’s Batla House area. The police have arrested four persons in connection with the incident, while the woman also alleged that the accused violated her on various occasions, and also mounted pressure on her for religious conversion.
Woman came in touch with key accused on social media
According to the First Information Report (FIR) filed by the survivor, she first came into contact with a man, who identified himself as Sahil, through social media in 2021. The woman said that she later learnt his actual name was Faheem.
Faheem had allegedly introduced himself as a member of a financially stable Hindu family and had expressed his desire to marry her.
The woman added to the allegations, saying that she was called to Batla House in South East Delhi in 2022, where multiple men took turns to rape her. She further said the accused recorded videos of the assault and used them to blackmail her.
In her statement, she also mentioned that after this, she was taken to Meerut in UP, where she again fell victim to sexual assault.
Woman narrates chilling ordeal
In her complaint, the woman said that Faheem and his kin were involved in the dealing of illegal arms. Furthermore, she detailed her ordeal, saying that Faheem often used to ‘soak her in blood’ and ‘shower animal meat on her’ to frighten her. Her ordeal did not end here, as she said that further, a man identified as Tasleem Maulvi also subjected her to torture and religious conversion coercion.
Four accused in police dragnet
Officials from the Delhi police said that an FIR had been registered at the Jamia Nagar Police station and so far, four accused in connection with the case have been arrested. According to the FIR, Faheem was arrested earlier by Gurugram Police in 2025. The survivor woman said that his cell phone, which showed obscene content featuring her, was seized at the time of the arrest, owing to which she grew confident that the material would no longer be circulated.
However, she further claimed that Faheem later contacted her from inside Mandoli Jail, adding that she received threatening phone calls from a Dubai-based number after his arrest. According to police, the case is being probed further.